Monday, July 24, 2023

MOMENT OF ENLIGHTMENT

"Everyone has the courage to cross the boundaries, to go beyond one's limits, all we need is a moment of realisation that "No! I don't just want to live myself and see others suffer, I can't be a selfish person to that extent". Let me share the enlightening moment of my life which forced me to rethink and redecide my decisions... “I witnessed a horrible road accident where the perpetrator ran away, and no one came forward to help the victim. I took him to the hospital and called his family. By the time he received treatment, it was already too late. Even at the site of the accident, it was only my friend and I who came forward to help him. The government hospital was not equipped to help him either, and took hours before the treatment began. He died, leaving behind a wife and a bunch of children, aged between one and five years,". I was just a young girl with no prior exposure to something like this. I couldn’t sleep for nights after the incident. I was left wondering, ‘What is the life of a poor man in this country?’ That was a big awakening for me. And i promised myself that I'll never look back and keep on trying my best to help my fellow community members. Since that day I have seen and experienced many heartbreaking incidents but only to make me strong and more determined. Yogita Bhayana

No comments:

Post a Comment